Be Grateful for The Journey
Today the challenge is to focus on what has changed instead of what hasn’t. It’s easy to focus on what hasn’t changed yet. That’s the human way, focus on the trouble and hang out in that space. But it doesn’t help a whole lot and it definitely won’t get us to where we want to go. So, I want to use this blog to talk about what has changed that isn’t necessarily visible to everybody.
- I’m not stressed anymore. This is huge. I’ve released so much stress and anxiety over the last few years. This alone makes me feel like a completely different human being!
- I don’t inject worry and fear into everything anymore. Trusting my intuition has given me that gift.
- I love my work, the people I work with, and the messages that I share every day. Understanding my path and having the ability to follow it is not something I take lightly. It means the world to me.
- I’m happy within myself. I’m far less focused on the outside world and what is or isn’t happening. I can be okay within myself without changing anything outside of myself.
- Listening to and trusting my intuition has been life-changing by itself. For me, this is like looking back and trying to remember how we lived life before cell phones and computers. It’s an entirely different way of being in the world.
- My thinking is better. I’ve gotten control over the doomsday voice in my head that just loved worst-case scenarios.
- Not being stressed anymore means I physically feel better too, even without changing my diet or anything like that.
- I’ve learned what’s mine and what’s not. I don’t take on everybody’s everything anymore. Having those boundaries is important and makes a massive difference in your life, even if you do nothing else.
- My sense of powerlessness was an internal feeling that wasn’t really true. The truth is I’ve been through a ton in my life and survived all of it. I had a lot of power I just didn’t acknowledge and didn’t know how to use in a way that would allow me to live my life on my own terms. Now I get it and I’m grateful for it.
- Most importantly, I learned to love myself. It’s allowed me to put myself on my own list, take my power back, and go after the things that I want in my life. That is the greatest gift of all of them!
To say that I am grateful for the massive shifts in my mental and emotional well-being would be an understatement. These past few years haven’t been easy by any stretch. I’ve shared the struggles with you and you’ve gotten to watch me work through these shifts one by one. They came together to create the person I am now. I’m still working on it. It’s still a work in progress. It will continue now for the rest of my life.
Regardless of where you are in your own journey, I encourage you to keep going. I know those shifts are hard. I know this stuff isn’t easy. But I also know that when Monday morning comes and I’m not stressed, I’m not worried, I’m not dreading the week ahead, that it’s worth it. It’s worth it to feel better within yourself. It’s worth it to know that you’ll land on your feet and that you’re going to be fine. It’s worth it to know that you can handle what happens in your life because you have the power, you have the strength, you have the courage, and you trust yourself and your intuition to get through the storm.
My life, struggle and all, has been a beautiful journey. Maybe you can’t see that for yourself yet, but if you keep going one day you will. You’ll appreciate that day when it comes just as much as I do now.
Love to all.